Prizes have always been a fun part of IF events. Rather than give numerical rankings and tiered prizes, we like to do something different: gather interesting, useful, quirky, or funny prizes into a general pool. When the festival closes, authors will get to select a prize from the pool in random order until authors or prizes run out. Winning a ribbon does not change selection order or your chance of getting a prize.
The prizes donated so far for the 2017 festival are:
- Digital copies (via Steam, Itch, etc.) of any three narrative games nominated for a 2016 IndieCade award, donated by the festival organizer
- A copy of Get Lamp, the documentary about adventures in text, donated by David Fisher
- A custom crocheted monster plushie, similar to these (1 2 3 4 5), donated by Squinky
- Steam or Humble key for Technobabylon (Windows), donated by Jason Dyer
- Steam or Humble key for Gone Home (Windows/Mac/Linux), donated by Jason Dyer
- A paperback or Kindle copy of Terrible Nerd by Kevin Savetz, donated by the author -- two prizes available
- A $50 donation to any charity of the winner's choice in their name, matched with a $50 donation to the Humane Society, donated by Tia Orisney
- A copy of Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine (standard hardcover + PDF version), a new tabletop RPG from the creator of Nobilis and Exalted, donated by Xavid
- A vintage 1930s crimefile book, two separate prizes: one by Dennis Wheatley ("File on Bolitho Blane," 1936, William Morrow) and one by Q. Patrick ("File on Claudia Cragge," 1938, Jarrold’s Publishers), donated by Zack Urlocker (pic) (info about these items here)
If you're interested in donating a prize, please contact the organizer.
Keep in mind that part of your prize donation, if it's a physical item, is the cost of shipping it to the recipient, who may be from a different country than you. The festival organizer may be able to help subsidize shipping if you have a cool prize idea but can't afford to ship it. Delivery of prizes won't happen until after the festival closes in May.